Testing & Laboratory Specialist (m/f/d)
- Member of the MV Drives - Power Electronics and Components R&D team contributing to the design, specification, testing, and qualification of the main components and sub-systems of MV frequency converters. The tasks are especially focused to cover the verification and validation phase in the R&D labs of the designs of different Medium Voltage Power Electronics Building Blocks, Converter sub-systems, and full Drive Systems.
- R&D Testing and Laboratory Specialist activities aiming for the R&D validation and qualification of MV Drives components, sub-systems, and full systems in the existing and new testing setups and areas during the R&D design and Piloting phase for a new MV Drives product family.
- Testing plans, practical implementation, and execution, analysis and documentation activities with close interaction with other R&D engineers, certification, testing and laboratory specialists and technicians.
- Contribution to the maintenance and further development of the key Power Electronics Technologies Expertise and Know-How of the MV Drives Power Electronics and Components R&D team in testing, validation, and certification
- You will be part of advanced R&D activities in the field of power electronics for the existing and next generation of ABB MV Drives products, in close cooperation with a highly qualified senior team of R&D engineers and specialists.
- University, University for Applied Sciences Bachelor or Master degree, or equivalent experience in the field of electrical engineering with focus on Drives / Power Electronics testing, verification and validation.
- Solid background experience and high interest on practical R&D experimentation, testing, validation, qualification and certification of Power Electronics converters in Medium Voltage and High-Power testing environment.
- Know-how and expertise in testing systems, equipment and infrastructure related to the validation and qualification of power electronics components and sub-systems testing including protocols for safety, quality, reliability and certification.
- Interest in applied research and development, self-organized, motivated person, that likes to work in a research and development team composed of experts in different domains.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. German is a plus.
- Availability to travel very sporadically.
- Good infrastructure
- Modern, perfectly equipped workplace
- Pleasant working atmosphere
Stellenanzeige teilen und drucken